Sunday 10 January 2016

My eyes!!!

Yesterday I went to the Optitians to find out about getting laser treatment for my eyes.  I admit this is partly for vanity reasons but also because my glasses are constantly covered in a layer of emollient and flakes.  Because of my astigmatism, I was given a quote of between £3000-£3500 (ouch).  So then the Optitian had a proper look at my eyes and said I couldn't have the treatment now because my eyes were unusually dry.  This could be because of the PRP but more than likely it's due to the methotrexate.  Also because of the dryness of my eyes I would struggle to go back to contact lenses at the moment.  That's not even taking into account I have no idea how I'd put in contact lenses when my hands are constantly covered in grease and flakes.  So it stuck with the glasses for the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment