Wednesday 1 June 2016

Metamorphosis

Nearly a month since my last post and everything is still improving. There isn't a great deal more to say than last time about my skin, so I'll be self indulgent and talk about me for a bit.  In the last few months I've been going to the gym and I've lost 2 stone, I really love living on my own and I have made loads of new friends up here in Newcastle as well as reconnected with old ones.  I am doing my best to keep in touch with the good friends I had in blackpool and the north west.  A year ago my self confidence was so low, I was petrified about going on holiday to Portugal with friends.  In two weeks time I am going away to Berlin on my own, and I can't wait. 

While my self confidence is really good at the moment, I have been thinking about how bad my mental state got last year.  I was watching the film "the fly", and reading the short story "metamorphosis" by Frank Kafka. Both dark stories about men who turn into revolting insects.  Not just about what they became but also how their loved ones behaved around them.  I guess it summed up a lot of how I felt at this time. 

But that was then and now things couldn't be more different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment