Wednesday 26 August 2015

Change of meds

Today I saw my dermatologist for the first time in about 6 weeks.  The last time I saw him things were definitely improving, with big patches of clear skin.  Today he saw those patches of clear skin have disappeared.  Also my skin is quite red and the last couple of days have been very dusty.  So the dermatologist has changed my meds. No more cyclosporine and instead;
  • -          6 x 2.5 mg of Methotrexate once a week
  • -          5mg of Folic Acid 6 days a week (none on the day I take the Methotrexate)
  • -          20mg of Neotigason (acitretin) once a day


I was relived to find out my blood tests showed no more reduction in kidney function.  I guess coming off cyclosporine means I can start drinking grapefruit juice again ,but taking Methotrexate means I should avoid alcohol.  Id rather keep avoiding grapefruit juice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment