Saturday 30 May 2015

The power of technology

I am lucky to have the job I have. I am a training consultant for an organisation that is focused on technology. First if all I am lucky because my boss and the organisation have been very understanding regarding time off, hospital visits, etc. I am supposed to work from the office 3 days a week. The office is 150 miles away in Newcastle so that involves staying over in a hotel, which can be difficult. I am trying to maintain this pattern as much as possible but there have been weeks where I've not made it. 

Being part of a technology focused organisation has really helped. I can attend meetings remotely, daily office banter can take place via Skype and I can deliver training online. Thanks to technology I delivered a couple of training sessions on Friday where I retained my air of authority and respect while wearing bandages for socks (covering the cream on the soles of my feet) and an old track suit while being completely covered in 50/50 paraffin emollient (goo).  

No comments:

Post a Comment